Monday 30 March 2009

A Frosty Morning - hopefully the last

Gallery

Four books arrived from the US today. 10 Euros tax to pay but still cheaper than here. Also received stuff from ... the Speedlight Prokit 4 and the ProKit 6 Diffuser as well. It was ordered last Friday and arrived today. Quick. I'll order the gels when they are ready. I tried them out this afternoon ... but only had a daffodil for a subject ... need something just a little bit bigger to see the difference between the different snoots and honeycombs. I'm impressed with the build quality though and hope to make better use of them soon.

The Books were ...

"The Nikon Creative Lighting System: Using the SB-600, SB-800, SB-900, and R1C1 Flashes" by Mike Hagen.

This is a terrible cut and paste job and gives little more than the Nikon Manual. Massively disappointing. I read this in the bath. I almost drowned of boredom.

"On Being a Photographer: A Practical Guide " by David Hurn and Bill Jay.
"The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos" by Michael Freeman.
"Mountain Light: In Search of the Dynamic Landscape" by Rowell Galen.

I've yet to look at these yet.

The only exhibition work I did today was apply labels to the mounted prints I have prepared so far.

Garden


Unbelievably their was a frost this morning. I could really do without such a late frost. Last year we had no pears or plums because of this. The daffodils took a hit too but they seemed to recover OK later when it warmed up.

It has been 10c this last few days but the forecast says this will steadily increase until it will be 20c by next week-end. Let's hope.

This Time Last Year

Everyone has a long lie-in and a lazy day. I don't really get myself together until 4pm.

We discover that Cardinals are nesting in the front porch. We have to creep around so as not too disturb them.

Me and Sacha wander down to Central Market. I buy a stack of novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment