Tuesday 15 December 2009

Missing the Autumn

house_20091107_D_050392

Autumn

I missed most of the Autumn this year as I was away. I did have a week in the UK in early November though and I took the opportunity for a couple of walks on some of the brighter days between the showers.

I also had two new camera to try out. This is from a Panasonic T27 which my partner Kristine uses.

house_20091107_D_050355

And this is from a Panasonic GF1 which I'm using as a light "carry everywhere" rangefinder.

house_20091107_D_050390

The Garden

On my return home I was surprised to find that there were still some flowers in the garden; poppies, cornflowers, marigolds, dahlias, alyssums and even petunias. I didn't take any shots though and yesterday we had our first frost and that put paid to that. Everything is now blackened and dead.

So once this cold spell is finished I will have plenty of work to do in tidying up the beds and preparing for next spring. already I can see that some of the bulbs are making an appearance. A single snowdrop is currently in flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment